2004 will mark the 47th annual IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference. Globecom 2004 is sponsored by the IEEE Communication Society and the Dallas IEEE Section. The Dallas area is a major center for the global telecommunications industry and serves as home to many of the largest corporations and also a large number of smaller firms in this industry.
Dallas has a rich history of hosting previous ComSoc meetings including Globecom ?89 and ICC ?96. These meetings were some of the most successful for ComSoc and we look forward again to having an outstanding meeting in 2004.
The theme of Globecom 2004 "Emerging Technologies Applications and Services" characterizes the continuing pervasiveness of telecommunications in all aspects of global society, industry, and government. The technical sessions of Globecom 2004 will be presented in seven Symposia:
|Global Internet and Next Generation Networks
Wireless Communications, Networks and Systems
Security and Network Management
Optical Communications, Networks, and Systems
Signal Processing for Communications
In addition we will feature keynote sessions presented by leaders of our industry, a full tutorial program, and a "Designers and Developers Forum" and a "Telecom Business Forum" with papers, panels and exhibits of products that design and development engineers use in their activity on new products. Dallas is a very modern city and offers visitors an opportunity to participate in our fine cultural, entertainment, sporting, and dining events. We look forward to seeing you in Dallas and joining us in making Globecom 2004 an outstanding conference.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
As one of IEEE Communications Society?s flagship conferences, Globecom 2004 is designed to have something for Communications Engineers from industry, government and academia.
- Chairman of the Board, CEO and/or President
- Owner/Partner, GM, VP-Operations
- Vice Present - Engineering
- Director - Engineering
- Chief Engineering Manager, Chief Scientific Manager
- Vice President - Research & Development
- Director - Research & Development
- Manager - Research & Development
- Engineer - Research & Development
- Professor/Instructor of Engineering
- Member of Tech Staff (MTS)
- Vice President - Design Engineering
- Director - Design/Development Engineering
- Manager - Design/Development Engineering
- Engineer - Design/Development
- Hardware Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Computer Scientist/Engineer
- Vice President/Director Marketing, Sales & Purchasing
- Independent/Corporate Consultants
- Graduate or Post Doctorate Student